Healthy Holiday Recipes
We’ve found some delicious and tasty recipes to help make your holiday season healthy!
Here is a favourite from www.mommayoungathome.com
EASY FREEZER RECIPES: PALEO COCONUT PECAN BREAKFAST BARS
Author: Sylvie Roy
Recipe type: Breakfast
Serves: 16 squares
- Coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 banana
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 4 Tbsp coconut milk
- ½ cup chopped pecans
Here is another favourite one from www.delightedmomma.com
What you will need for the crust:
- 2 cups of raw almonds
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/2 cup of melted coconut oil
- 2 tbs of coconut flour
- 2 eggs
What you will need for the topping:
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup of fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- a dash of sea salt
- Unsweetened coconut flakes for topping (optional)
Directions for crust:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place your almonds in a food processor and pulse until you have small chucks. Do not over pulse or you will end up with almond flour or almond butter.
- In a medium bowl mix together the almonds with the honey, coconut oil. coconut flour and eggs.
- Line a 8×12 baking dish with parchment paper and and spread your mixture evenly on the bottom of the dish, pressing it down with the back of the spoon to make it nice and compact.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the edges are lightly brown.
- After your crust is done put it aside and let it cool.
Directions for topping:
- In a small saucepan, whisk together your eggs, lemon juice, honey and sea salt over medium heat.
- Slowly stir in the coconut oil and keep stirring it up until it is fully melted.
- Now whisk whisk whisk until the mixture starts to thicken. If you start to feel like you are a failure and your mixture is still liquid just know you did NOT fail and you just need to stir longer.
- Once your mixture starts to thicken it should resemble pudding. When it is nice and thick, remove it from heat and and let it cool.
- Once cool pour the topping over the crust and sprinkle the unsweetened coconut on top. Place in the freezer to let it set and harden. Once it has set you can place it in the fridge.
Trackback from your site.