Day #5- Healthy Snack Options – Hummus Dippers
Happy Friday Everyone!
Today we are introducing Hummus Dippers to our healthy snack line-up! Hummus is a healthy high in protein snack that is perfect for your child’s lunch. Whip up some fresh hummus, insert into mason jar and add some of your child’s favourite veggies and you will have a great portable snack for those busy kids on the go:
Here is a great recipe that we found from Canadian Living Magazine for Hummus:
- 1 can 1can(19 oz/540 mL) chickpeachickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup 1/3cup(75 mL) (75 mL) tahini paste
- 3 tbsp 3tbsp(45 mL) (45 mL) lemon juice
- 3 tbsp 3tbsp(45 mL) (45 mL) water
- 1 tbsp 1tbsp(15 mL) (15 mL) olive oil
- 3/4 tsp 3/4tsp(4 mL) (4 mL) ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsp(1 mL) (1 mL) salt
- 2 2clove garliccloves of garlic, minced
Preparation – In food processor, puree together chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, water, olive oil, cumin and salt. Stir in garlic.
Trackback from your site.